Friday, November 18, 2011

making an old chair new again!

We've been renting our previous house for the last 3 1/2 years, but now our renters are out and when the hubby went to check on the house, he found a bunch of folding chairs that we left when we moved. Apparently they sat outside in the elements for the last 3 1/2 years getting very worn. Well, I decided to take one of these said chairs and make it cute so my daughter can use it at the desk in her bedroom and I really think it is adorable!


I used two of my very favorite items to help me with this project:
Spray Paint, and a staple gun.
I sprayed the chair with a coat of the paint (not too thick or you get those stinking drips), then I waited about 20-30 minutes and sprayed it a second time (one can of the paint got me two coats on the chair).
After that dried I found some fabric I liked, and cut it a bit bigger than the seat. Then I rolled the sides under and staple gunned them to the wood seat of the chair. Then I took the little ball tassel strip and stapled that right over the fabric. It was super easy and turned out too cute! And the best part is...My daughter likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment